Come Learn Your ABCs!
Student Affairs Planning, Assessment & Research is offering a training series for division staff focused on the assessment cycle. The series will feature 5 workshops throughout the academic year. Each workshop will be presented twice on the same day. Mark your calendars now so you do not miss out. Specific information for each workshop will come out closer to the presentation date. Staff attending all five workshops will receive lunch with an AVP and an assessment book!
Getting Started: Assessment Planning, October 4, 2022; 9am and 1pm
- Participants will identify appropriate measures based on desired outcomes
- Participants will distinguish measures appropriately aligned with the outcomes
Show Me the Numbers: Collecting Quantitative Data, November 1, 2022; 9am and 1pm
- Participants will identify the basics of writing a good quantitative (survey) question
- Participants will identify the components of poor questions
Back to the Basics: Analyzing Quantitative Data, February 7, 2023; 9am and 1pm
- Participants will conduct and interpret descriptive analysis using Excel
Talk with Me: Collecting and Analyzing Qualitative Data, March 28, 2023; 9am and 1pm
- Participants will identify qualitative methods that meet needs of their programs’ assessment plan
- Participants will understand the processes to analyze and document their qualitative data
Telling Your Story: Using and Sharing Results, June 6, 2023, 9am and 1pm
- Participants will identify methods to share assessment results based on their stakeholders
- Participants will understand the of using results and then to re-assessing